MyHeritage’s Smart Matching technology constantly compares new family trees to the database of more than 1.3 billion profiles on MyHeritage.com, to find matches and discover long lost family connections.
Members can work together to easily merge the information in their overlapping trees through the Smart Match Merge feature.
1. Open Family Tree Builder software on your computer.
2. Click on the ‘Matches’ button in the main toolbar.
3. Find the person in the list you want to merge results for and then click on the ‘Matches’ tab.
4. Select an individual to see his/her list of matches and choose a match to open the ‘Compare’ window.
5. Click on ‘Merge’ on the left side of the screen.
This will open the Smart Match Merge utility, in which you will be able to select the people you want to merge and if you want an Automatic or Step-by-step merge.
An Automatic Merge will merge all of the match’s details automatically.
A step-by-step Merge will open the ‘Merge Person Overview’, for selecting exactly which details you want to merge with an automatic or step-by-step merge of details.
If you would like to merge Smart Matches on your online family site, please read the following FAQ:
Can I merge my Smart Matching results online from another family site?