If you have matches from which you would like to extract specific information to save it to your family tree, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your family site.
2. Move your mouse cursor over the ‘Discoveries’ tab. You can select either ‘Matches by people’ or ‘Matches by source’ to review Smart Matches found for your family tree.
You will be able to see all the matches found for the specific people (or from specific source) in your family tree.
**You can select the ‘All Matches’ view to review all types of matches on the same page, or select to view only your Record Matches or your Smart Matches.
Here’s an example of how to add new information from Smart Matches by people:
3. Click on ‘Smart Matches’ to filter the list by Smart Matches only.
4. Click on ‘Review X matches’ to see the list of all the matches found for the specific person.
5. Next to one of the matches you would like to review, click on ‘Review match’ to see all the details about this person from the matching tree.
The next page will give you all details available about the matching individual, including photos, facts, relatives, as well as a tree comparison window where you can view the person's card in both your tree and the matching tree.
6. The new way to confirm a match is to save new information to your family tree. Click on the ‘Confirm Match’ button on the top right corner.
You will be redirected to a page where you will see two information panels:
* On the left, the panel shows the details you have about the person in your family tree.
* On the right, the panel shows the details about the person in the matching tree.
Scroll down the page to read all the details about the person and see what information you can extract.
The ‘IMPROVED’ label indicates information that you partially have, to which complementary information has been found in the matching tree.
The ‘DIFFERENT’ label indicates information that is different in the matching tree than in yours (see example below).
If you would like to select specific pieces of information to extract and save to your tree, use thebuttons to take information from the other family tree into your tree.
To undo the action, simply click on the button again.
Once you’ve extracted all the information of your choice, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Save to tree’.