As trees get larger with more and more events, sending alerts with ALL events can clutter your inbox and make it hard to get the events you are really interested in. In order to avoid this, by default, we send you alerts for events of people who are up to three steps away from you in your family tree.
What is considered ‘three steps’? ‘Three steps’ is for example: you > your mother > your grandmother. Or you > your brother > your nephew.
It is possible to change a setting on your family site so you will receive alerts for all events in your family tree. This setting is unique for each Site Manager and member so if you are looking to change the calendar alerts for everyone who is a member of your family site, send them an email with the instructions below so they can change the setting themselves.
You are able to find instructions on how to send an email to all your site members by clicking on the following link:
In order to change your personal settings regarding your calendar reminders, please follow these instructions:
1. Log in to your family site.
2. Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen and then select ‘Site Settings’.
3. Click on ‘My Preferences’ located at the top of the page.
4. Click on the drop down box under ‘Send me reminders for events of:’ and then select the proximity of relationship you would like to get reminders for.
5. Click on ‘Save’ in order to save your changes.