Every member of a family site can view your family trees in the family site; therefore, you should carefully consider whom you invite to become a member to your family site. Depending on your permission settings, members of a family site can have full editing privileges for that particular site.
You can set the following restrictions for your members:
- Edit the family tree
- Add content to the family site
- Invite other members
For details please read the following:
To restrict your members so that they cannot edit the family tree, please do the following:
1. Log in to your family website.
2. Move your mouse over the ‘Family tree’ tab and select ‘Manage trees’.
You will be redirected to the page that lists all the family tree projects you have on this site.
3. On the right-hand side of the screen, you will have a few options to choose from. Click the ‘Edit tree settings’ option.
4. Choose ‘Only you’ option under ‘Permissions’.
5. Click ‘Save’.
If you would like to restrict your site members from adding content and inviting people to your family site, please follow the steps below:
1. Log into your family site.
2. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the screen and select ‘My privacy’.
3. Select your family site from the list on the left and click on ‘Content'.
4. Un-check ‘Allow site members to post content to the site option’.
5. Click on ‘Save’.
6. Then click on the ‘Access’ under your family site name on the left, and un-check the ‘Allow members to invite other members to your site’ option.
7. Make sure to save your settings!