Divorces, like marriages, births, deaths and other events are recorded as facts in the tree.
In order to show a divorce between two people in the tree, add a divorce fact for the couple. You can do this in the following way:
1. Open your family tree in Family Tree Builder.
2. Find the couple whom you would like to set as ‘divorced’.
3. Double-click on the current status located just below the husband and wife’s cards.
4. In the window that opens click on the drop-down menu under ‘Status’ section and select’ Divorce’.
5. Click ‘OK’ to save changes.
6. The change in status is reflected here.
If you edit your tree online, please read the following article: How do I show a divorce in my online tree?