Before you start exporting specific branches, we suggest you review your family tree and choose which ancestral branches to export. It will save you a lot of time when you get to the list of people you choose to add to the exported file.
To export specific branches of your family tree:
1. Open your tree in Family Tree Builder.
2. Click on the ‘File’ menu in the upper menu bar and select ‘Export GEDCOM’.
3. Click ‘Save As’, choose the folder on your computer you’d like to save to and click ‘Next’.
9. For each person you choose, you can include ‘Descendants and Spouses’, ‘Descendants’ only, ‘Spouses’ only, or only ‘This person’. You can also include ‘Ancestors’.
Use the ‘Edit’ button to do this. When you’re finished click ‘OK’.
11. If you have photos in the tree, you’ll see the following screen. It is recommended to click ‘Yes’.
12. Click ‘Finish’. You have just created a new tree which contains a certain branch of your family only.
NOTE: Exporting a branch from the family tree has no effect on the main tree.
In order to sync the new project, you will want to open it in Family Tree Builder first.
Go to ‘File’ in the menu and select ‘Import GEDCOM’ option to import the GEDCOM file you just created. Then sync it with your family site.