The first spouse you add in the family tree is considered the “primary spouse” and is displayed by default.
If you edit your family tree in Family Tree Builder, you can set the order of spouses. In order to change the priority (primary, secondary) of a spouse, please do the following:
1. In Family Tree Builder go to the person`s card of the person who is more closely related to you among the two spouses (e.g. if your brother divorced your sister-in-law, go to your brother’s genealogy card first).
2. Click on the “Edit” button and choose ‘Spouses’ and then ‘Manage Spouses’.
3. A popup will appear detailing all the marriages listed for that person.
4. In the ‘Manage Spouses’ window, select one of the spouses from the list and use the up and down arrow buttons on the low right corner of the window to change the order to the spouses.
5. Click on ‘OK’ to save your changes.