You can easily import a GEDCOM file of your family tree in Family Tree Builder.
NOTE: This will automatically create a new project for you. Family Tree Builder does not change or modify the data on your GEDCOM file. This file will remain intact, exactly as it was.
In order to import a GEDCOM file:
1. Open your family tree in Family Tree Builder.
2. Click on the ‘File’ menu in the upper menu bar and choose ‘Import GEDCOM’.
3. A wizard will appear to help you import your tree properly into Family Tree Builder. Follow the easy steps described below to import your data and start working on your family tree in Family Tree Builder.
4. Click ‘Browse’ to select the GEDCOM file that you would like to import.
5. Select the file and then click ‘Next’.
6. The following screen will appear, with a summary of the information that Family Tree Builder received from your GEDCOM file. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
7. In this window simply make sure the name of the Project is correct. Click ‘Next’.
8. The GEDCOM has now been imported. In this screen, the number of persons in the tree and language are displayed along with other important details such as the size of the GEDCOM file. Click ‘Finish’.