If you have a family tree file you generated in another genealogy program, such as Family Tree Legends (.FTL), Family Tree Maker® (.FTM/*.FTW/*.FTMB), Personal Ancestral File (.PAF), and Legacy (.FDB), you can import it to Family Tree Builder using the following instructions:
1. Open the Family Tree Builder program on your computer.
2. Click on the ‘File’ menu in the upper menu bar and choose ‘Import GEDCOM’.
3. Click 'Scan' to scan your computer for any type of genealogical file.
4. Choose the file you would like to import and click 'Import' next to the file name.
5. Please note that Family Tree Maker® files can be loaded into Family Tree Builder up to the Family Tree Maker® 2010 version. If you are using a later version, such as Family Tree Maker® 2014, you will need to export your tree first as a GEDCOM file and then import it.