If you are using Family Tree Builder software (FTB), you can Find and Replace text for almost every field in the family tree, with multiple configuration options, like matching case, matching an entire word, or any part of the text, etc., and selection of the fields that will participate in the operation. To use this feature, follow the instructions below:
1. Open Family Tree Builder software on your computer.
2. Click on the ‘Edit’ menu in the upper menu bar and select ‘Find and Replace’.
3. You will see the ‘Find and Replace’ window where you can enter text you would like to find.
4. In the ‘Replace With’ field fill in the text that you would like to replace it with.
5. Under the ‘Find in’ option you will see the text types the search will apply to. You can change them by clicking on ‘Select’ at the right hand side of the screen.
6. In the window that opens, check the box(es) to select the category the desired text should be found in, and click on the ‘OK’ button.
7. Click on the 'Find’ button.
The results will appear in the table in the small window. Mark the box(es) applying to the text that you wish to replace, and click on the ‘Replace’ button.